Briefest possible summary of the details below:
- Request your federation's password-protected official spreadsheet from
- Add "4/1/2017" under "registration day" to register a member
- Enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Return the completed password-protected official spreadsheet to AUSKF by
For this year's membership drive, federations have the choice of using the
old spreadsheet-based system
or the new, individualized registration online system, which is expected to go
live at the end of March. See the
For spreadsheet-based registration, we request that you carefully follow the
instructions below and post your file by April 15, 2017.
Note that the first step is to request your federation's official spreadsheet.
Please make every effort to follow the detailed instructions provided here.
In the past, files of vastly different qualities have been submitted, causing
multiple problems, including time-consuming cleaning efforts and inaccuracies.
Please kindly follow these instructions to minimize such problems.
You'll see that the spreadsheet has been modified this year to include the
- New fee schedule
- Adult: $60
- Youth: $30
- Full-time student: $30
- Initiation fee for new ID: $10
- Autofilled payment fields
that enable automatic calculation of fees. This will save you time and
ensure accuracy of the payment data.
- Password-protection (encryption) to better protect your member's
- Federation requests their official spreadsheet by emailing
AUSKF (Treasurer Kotaro Yoshida
and Finance Committee member Jean Kodama at
to request the federation's official spreadsheet.
- Note: Federations must take this step in order to use the
spreadsheet-based system. Submissions based on last year's
spreadsheet will not be accepted.
- AUSKF will then:
- Generate the official spreadsheet, populating it with 2016 membership
data (with rank info missing*)
- Password-protect the spreadsheet
- Upload it to the federation's DropBox folder
- Email that the official spreadsheet is ready and provide the file's
* Please note that due to development constraints, it is currently not
possible to export all data for a member (for example, no rank data will
- Federation will then:
- AUSKF will then:
- Download the spreadsheet from DropBox
- Respond to any inquiry requests (blue highlighted cells), updating
the cells and changing the highlighting to yellow
- Upload the spreadsheet to DropBox
- Email the federation that either the file needs additional work if
there are problems or that the file has been accepted for 2017
Note: "acceptance" means the formatting of the spreadsheet
appears to follow the guidelines presented in these instructions;
no validation of the cell contents is performed.
- If necessary, repeat steps 3 and 4 until the file has been accepted
- Federation mails one check,
payable to All United States Kendo Federation (or AUSKF), to:
6019 S Ingleside Ave. #704
Chicago, IL 60637
- AUSKF updates the database and imports the new member's ID numbers to the
Note: the database will be updated with 2017 membership status and most
Rank update requests will need further approval.
Here are the instructions for filling out the spreadsheet:
- The spreadsheet contains 3 tabs:
- "Sample" tab: contains sample entries that illustrate correct
- "2016" tab: roster of last year's members, all on one tab,
sorted by dojo name and then ID number within each dojo
- "2017" tab: contains empty rows for entering your entire
- If you strongly prefer to submit one tab per dojo, create a copy
of the "2017" tab for each dojo so that the automatic payment
calculations remain in place for all tabs.
- Enter your federation's data in the "2017" tab.
- Enter "4/1/2017" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate a member
is 18&over and a full time student
- Do not alter the autofill section
(highlighted in orange).
Its formulas automatically calculate the fee for each member.
- If a member does not have an ID number (column C is blank), autofill
will add the $10 initiation fee.
- Special notes:
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a
request to change the AUSKF database, for example
a new last name or a dojo change.
- highlight a cell blue to indicate a
request for information from AUSKF, for example an ID number
- If a new member has a rank awarded outside of AUSKF, please
highlight that rank in green and list what federation
awarded the rank in the Comments cell.
They must provide proof, for example a copy of their menjo (rank
- If you temporarily do not know a member's birthdate, leave it blank
if the member is 18&over, or enter birthdate "4/1/2017" if you are
sure the member is 17&under (entering the same date as the registration
day is a nonsense date of birth that will be ignored
for database purposes)
- If you temporarily do not know a member's ID number but are sure it
exists, enter 000000 as a nonsense placeholder and highlight it blue.
- If you already prepared your membership in a side file (similar to the
supplemental membership spreadsheet):
- First make sure the cell formatting in your side file is as follows:
for all dates (reg day, birthdate, and recd Mo/Yr rank dates)
for the remaining fields
(ID number, gender, federation, dojo, ranks)
- Cut from your side file and paste into the baseline file.
To avoid the autofill (orange) section in the baseline file
you will need to do this in two steps,
first for baseline file columns B:F (reg day through birthdate),
and then for baseline file columns M:X (gender through comments).
- For 18 and over members who are full-time students, mark a "Y"
in baseline column G.
- Verify the resulting member counts and fee total in the baseline
file matches your side file.
- If you are having password length problems (for example, using
Microsoft 2011 for MAC), email
provide the new, shorter password you would like to use, and a new
baseline file will be uploaded
- It has come to AUSKF's attention that the dojo names connected to some
members are incorrect in our database. We would appreciate your help
- If the dojo name listed for a member in the "2016" tab is incorrect,
please highlight in green that person's dojo cell in the "2017" tab
(which will have the correct dojo name) and write "incorrect 2016 dojo
name" in the Comments cell.
For membership registration after the deadline of 4/15/2017:
Page update history
- 3/14/17: initial release
- 3/29/17: add link to auskf news article; transpose process steps 6/7;
- 3/30/17: add separate bullet section for special notes; add
unknown birthdate or ID number
- 4/4/17: add notes for transferring from a supplemental-style side file
and misc clarifications (eg red-bold "do not alter autofill";
tweak other country rank wording).
- 4/17/17: "Process" section: add italicized notes under
bullet 4 (acceptance means file format ok)
and bullet 7 (rank updates will require further approval);
"Special Notes" section: add password length notes
- 4/26/17: add supplemental registration information
Copyright 2017 All United States Kendo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
Site Disclaimer: This website is posted as a service to the All United States Kendo Federation. Information
on this website is posted from many different sources and every effort is made to post accurate information.
Errors may occur and users use this site without warranties of any
sort implied and at their own risk.