Briefest possible summary of the details below:
- Request your federation's password-protected official spreadsheet from
- Add "4/1/2017" under "registration day" to register a member
- Enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Return the completed password-protected official spreadsheet to AUSKF by
The new, individualized registration online system will be going live soon.
For this year's membership drive, federations have the choice of using the
online system or the old spreadsheet-based system.
For spreadsheet-based registration, we request that you carefully follow the
instructions below and post your file by April 15, 2017.
Note that the first step is to request your federation's official spreadsheet.
Please make every effort to follow the detailed instructions provided here.
In the past, files of vastly different qualities have been submitted, causing
multiple problems, including time-consuming cleaning efforts and inaccuracies.
Please kindly follow these instructions to minimize such problems.
You'll see that the spreadsheet has been modified this year to include the
- New fee schedule
- Adult: $60
- Youth: $30
- Full-time student: $30
- Initiation fee for new ID: $10
- Autofilled payment fields
that enable automatic calculation of fees. This will save you time and
ensure accuracy of the payment data.
- Password-protection (encryption) to better protect your members
- Federation requests their official spreadsheet by emailing
AUSKF (Treasurer Kotaro Yoshida
and Finance Committee member Jean Kodama at
to request the federation's official spreadsheet.
- Note: Federations must take this step in order to use the
spreadsheet-based system. Submissions based on last year's
spreadsheet will not be accepted.
- AUSKF will then:
- Generate the official spreadsheet, populating it with 2016 membership
data (with rank info missing*)
- Password-protect the spreadsheet
- Upload it to the federation's DropBox folder
- Email that the official spreadsheet is ready and provide the file's
* Please note that due to development constraints, it is currently not
possible to export all data for a member (for example, no rank data will
- Federation will then:
- AUSKF will then:
- Download the spreadsheet from DropBox
- Respond to any inquiry requests (blue highlighted cells), updating
the cells and changing the highlighting to yellow
- Upload the spreadsheet to DropBox
- Email the federation that either the file needs additional work if
there are problems or that the file has been accepted for 2017
- If necessary, repeat steps 3 and 4 until the file has been accepted
- AUSKF updates the database and imports the new members ID Numbers to the
- Federation mails one check,
payable to All United States Kendo Federation (or AUSKF), to:
6019 S Ingleside Ave. #704
Chicago, IL 60637
Here are the instructions for filling out the spreadsheet:
- The spreadsheet contains 3 tabs:
- "Sample" tab: contains sample entries that illustrate correct
- "2016" tab: roster of last year's members, all on one tab,
sorted by dojo name and then ID number within each dojo
- "2017" tab: contains empty rows for entering your entire
- If you strongly prefer to submit one tab per dojo, create a copy
of the "2017" tab for each dojo so that the automatic payment
calculations remain in place for all tabs.
- Enter your federation's data in the "2017" tab.
- Enter "4/1/2017" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate a member
is 18&over and a full time student
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a
request to change the AUSKF database, for example to change
name or if a member changes dojo
- highlight a cell blue to indicate a
request for information from AUSKF, for example an ID number
of a member who moved from a different federation
- Do not alter the autofill section (orange). Its formulas
automatically calculate the fee for each member.
- If a new member already has a rank (obtained in another country, for
example), please highlight that rank in green and list what federation
awarded that rank in the Comments cell.
- It has come to AUSKF's attention that the dojo names connected to some
members are incorrect in our database. We would appreciate your help
- If the dojo name listed for a member in the "2016" tab is incorrect,
please highlight in green that person's dojo cell in the "2017" tab
(which will have the correct dojo name) and write "incorrect 2016 dojo
name" in the Comments cell.
Copyright 2017 All United States Kendo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
Site Disclaimer: This website is posted as a service to the All United States Kendo Federation. Information
on this website is posted from many different sources and every effort is made to post accurate information.
Errors may occur and users use this site without warranties of any
sort implied and at their own risk.