For AUSKF membership registration, member federations have the choice of
using the spreadsheet-based system (similar to
or having their individual members use the online registration system (see
2018 membership instructions).
To use spreadsheet-based registration, we request that you carefully follow the
detailed instructions in the sections below.
If you have any questions, please email
- For the annual membership drive
(for 2018 membership that runs from 4/1/2018 through 3/31/2019):
see detailed Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
- Create your federation's initial spreadsheet using 2017 membership
- Add "4/1/2018" under "registration day" to register a member;
enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Submit the completed password-protected spreadsheet by 3/31/2018
- To register members after 3/31/2018,
see supplemental registration notes below
Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
Step 1: Create your federation's initial spreadsheet
The instructions below assume familiarity with using admin privileges in the
online membership database.
If you would like AUSKF to create your initial spreadsheet, please email
- Use the 2018 annual form (2018_annual.xlsx),
which contains 2 tabs:
- "2017" tab: contains empty rows for entering your roster of
last year's members
- "2018" tab: contains empty rows for this year's
registration (see step 2)
- Using federation admin privileges, download the membership export file
for your federation
- Open the Admin menu
- Choose "Federation List" from the "Federation admin" drop-down
- Click on your federation name
- Click on "Membership Export File" at the top of the page
- Save the export file
- In Microsoft Excel (or compatible spreadsheet application)
- Open the export file
- Filter on "Registration Date" between 4/1/2017 and 3/31/2018 and
sort by "Dojo". Additional sorting within a dojo could include by
ID Number or name.
- Open the annual form
- Cut and paste data for members from the export file to the annual form.
Since the column order is different in the two files,
this will need to be done in several pieces.
Step 2: Fill out the spreadsheet
Here are the instructions for entering your federation's registration for 2018.
- Enter your membership data in the "2018" tab
- For returning 2017 members as well as new members, enter
ID Number, Last Name, First Name, Birthdate, Gender, Federation, and
- leave the ID Number blank for a new member who has never received an ID
Number in the past
- Enter "4/1/2018" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate the member
is 18&over and a full time student
- Do not try to alter the autofill section
(highlighted in orange).
Its formulas automatically calculate the fee for each member.
The spreadsheet is protected to keep the autofill section intact.
- If a member does not have an ID number (column C is blank), autofill
will add the $10 initiation fee
- Special notes:
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a
request to change the AUSKF database, for example
a new last name or a dojo change within your federation.
(Note: If someone has moved out of your federation, DO NOT provide
information about that person in the "2018" tab.)
- Please ensure that the dojo name matches the official spelling and
punctuation already established in the AUSKF membership database
- Rank information is omitted from this form, since it is handled by a
Step 3: Submit the completed spreadsheet on or before 3/31/2018
- Password-protect your spreadsheet using the same password as in 2017
- Rename the file to "fed_2018_annual.xlsx", where "fed" is the abbreviation
for your federation
- Upload the file to your federation's DropBox folder
that the spreadsheet is ready
- Mail your membership check to Keiko Umemura, the AUSKF treasurer
(who is automatically copied on emails sent to email@example.com)
- Mail one federation check made payable to
All United States Kendo Federation
- See the AUSKF
membership announcement letter
for Umemura sensei's contact information
For membership registration after the deadline of 4/1/2018:
- Use the
2018 supplemental form
and follow the instructions in step 2 above, except
- In the "Registration Date" column, instead of "4/1/2018", use the date
of your supplemental registration submission,
for example "7/15/2018" for registration submitted July 15th, 2018.
- Rename the file to "fed_2018mmdd_supplemental.xlsx", where "fed" is
the abbreviation for your federation and "2018mmdd" is the submission
date, for example "20180715"
- Alternatively, you can let individuals register
online after completing
for your federation.
Page update history
Copyright 2018 All United States Kendo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
Site Disclaimer: This website is posted as a service to the All United States Kendo Federation. Information
on this website is posted from many different sources and every effort is made to post accurate information.
Errors may occur and users use this site without warranties of any
sort implied and at their own risk.