For AUSKF membership registration, member federations have the choice of
using the spreadsheet-based system (similar to
or having their individual members use the
online registration system.
For both methods, the annual membership drive deadline is 3/31/2019.
This page provides instructions for spreadsheet-based registration.
If you have any questions, please email
- For the annual membership drive
(for 2019 membership that runs from 4/1/2019 through 3/31/2020):
see detailed Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
- Create your federation's initial spreadsheet using 2018 membership
- Add "4/1/2019" under "registration day" to register a member;
enter "Y" under "college student" to indicate full time student
- Submit the completed password-protected spreadsheet by
the annual membership drive deadline
- To register members after the annual membership drive deadline,
see supplemental registration notes below
Membership Drive Spreadsheet Registration
Step 1: Download the
2019 annual form (2019_annual.xlsx)
Save the file with the name "fed_2019_annual.xlsx" where "fed" is the
abbreviation for your federation.
Step 2: Add 2018 membership information to the "2018" tab
Populating the "2018" tab with data from the AUSKF database will
promote consistency of data going into 2019. It could also simplify the
process at all levels of your federation.
If you would like AUSKF to create a spreadsheet with your federation's 2018
data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Using federation admin privileges on
download the membership export file for your federation
- Transfer data using Microsoft Excel (or compatible spreadsheet application)
- Open the export file
- Filter on "Registration Date" between 4/1/2018 and 3/31/2019 and
sort by "Dojo". Additional sorting within a dojo could include by
ID Number or name.
- Open the annual form
- Cut and paste data for members from the export file to the annual form.
Since the column order is different in the two files,
this will need to be done in several pieces.
Step 3: Add 2019 membership data to the "2019" tab
Here are the instructions for entering your federation's registration for 2019.
- Enter your membership data in the "2019" tab
- For returning 2018 members as well as new members, enter
ID Number, Last Name, First Name, Birthdate, Gender, Federation, and
- leave the ID Number blank for a new member who has never received an ID
Number in the past
- Enter "4/1/2019" under "Registration Day" (column B) to register
- Enter "Y" under "college student" (column G) to indicate the member
is 18&over and a full time student
- Do not try to alter the autofill section
(highlighted in orange).
Its formulas automatically calculate the fee for each member.
The spreadsheet is protected to keep the autofill section intact.
If you are pasting from another sheet, you will need to do it in two
pieces, for the columns to the left and right of the autofill section.
- If a member does not have an ID number (column C is blank), autofill
will add the $10 initiation fee
- Special notes:
- Highlight a cell green to indicate a
request to change the AUSKF database, for example
a new last name or a dojo change within your federation.
(Note: If someone has moved out of your federation, DO NOT provide
information about that person in the "2019" tab.)
- Rank information is not included in this form, since it is handled by a
- Compare your spreadsheet entries against your "2018" tab
and correct data as necessary, for example name
spelling, date of birth, gender, etc.
- It is especially important that the dojo name matches the official
spelling and punctuation already established in the AUSKF membership
database; otherwise a new dojo will be created.
Step 4: Submit the completed spreadsheet on or before
the annual membership drive deadline
- Password-protect your spreadsheet using the same password as in 2018
- Upload the file to your federation's DropBox folder
that the spreadsheet is ready
- Mail your membership check to Keiko Umemura, the AUSKF treasurer
(who is automatically copied on emails sent to email@example.com)
For membership registration after the deadline of 4/1/2019:
- Use the
2019 supplemental form
and follow the instructions in step 3
and step 4 above, except
- In the "Registration Date" column, instead of "4/1/2019", use the date
of your supplemental registration submission,
for example "7/15/2019" for registration submitted July 15th, 2019.
- Rename the file to "fed_yyyymmdd_supplemental.xlsx", where "fed" is
the abbreviation for your federation and "yyyymmdd" is the submission
date, for example "20190715"
- Membership registration files will be imported into the online database
between the 7th and 15th of the month following submission, provided
the membership fees have been received by AUSKF.
- Alternatively, you can let individuals register
online after completing
for your federation.
Downloading Membership Information
The instructions below assume familiarity with using admin privileges in the
online membership database.
- Using federation admin privileges, download the membership export file
for your federation
- Open the Admin menu
- Choose "Federation List" from the "Federation admin" drop-down
- Click on your federation name
- Click on "Membership Export File" at the top of the page
- Save the export file
- The export file may then be used to
populate your "2018" annual spreadsheet tab,
to look up AUSKF ID numbers assigned to your members,
to check your menjo printing request before submitting it to AUSKF,
or other usage.
- Note: The export file includes data for past and present members of
your federation. To view only those who are registered in 2019, sort
according to the "Registration Date" column, which reflects the date
each person registered for 2019 membership.
- You may also use admin privileges to spot check information for individual
members (users), edit or check dojo information (dojos), etc. See the
help pop down
pages for more information.
Page Update History
Copyright 2019 All United States Kendo Federation. All Rights Reserved.
Site Disclaimer: This website is posted as a service to the All United States Kendo Federation. Information
on this website is posted from many different sources and every effort is made to post accurate information.
Errors may occur and users use this site without warranties of any
sort implied and at their own risk.